Day 2 of 31: Setting Boundaries to Remain Calm
Welcome back to our 31-day journey of remaining calm, especially relevant for breast cancer survivors who deal with the impacts of their diagnosis year-round.
Join your Host: Karin Del Maestro, Health Transformation and Calmness Coach, and breast cancer survivor.
Understanding the Importance of Setting Boundaries
- Breast cancer survivors often struggle with setting boundaries.
- Many feel compelled to say yes, even when their plates are overloaded.
- Karin shares her personal experience as a former people pleaser and the need for self-awareness and self-compassion in this journey.
The Power of Boundaries in Preserving Energy
- During cancer treatment, it becomes easier to say no, and that's okay.
- Boundaries help preserve finite energy levels, which can fluctuate daily.
- Don't miss Karin's analogy of patching holes in a teapot: Every time you set a boundary and say no, you conserve your energy.
The Art of Setting Boundaries Without Guilt
- Learning to say no comfortably without feeling guilty is a game changer.
- Karin advises keeping it simple and avoiding over-explanation when setting boundaries.
- Boundaries are about self-care, not selfishness; they help you stay calm in the face of challenges.
*Calming Action of the Day:*
- Identify at least one boundary you want to set this month and communicate it clearly to someone without feeling guilty. Practice self-compassion and remember that setting boundaries is a form of self-care.
Remember, you are not alone in this journey, and self-care is essential for your well-being.
"Karin Del Maestro provides valuable insights and actionable steps to help survivors navigate their journeys with greater calmness and self-empowerment" ~ Laura S.