How to Improve Your Energy Levels, by Changing Just One Thing
If you could change one thing and get your energy back, after breast cancer ...would you do it?
I invite you for a second to consider what that would feel like…
- Actually waking up, excited for your feet to hit the floor and the day ahead.
- Not relying on coffee to keep you going
- Feel more settled, less anxious…more grounded, more focused and less brain fog.
- Actually be present for all of the little moments, the soccer games, choir shows, or date night with your hubby.
- Take care of the chores around the house…that have been taunting you…but you haven’t had the energy to take care of them.
- Would you have more patience with EVERY person you come in to contact with…?
- Would you start laughing with you significant other again, instead of picking each other apart?
- Make plans with friends…KNOWING you’re going to make it, instead of letting them down again at the last min, wondering if they’ll stop even inviting you soon.
- Have the time and energy to start moving your body again…instead of staring at your sneakers in the corner, feeling like you should be going for a walk, the couch, snuggly blanket and Netflix win again!
Let me ask you again…if you could change one thing, and get your energy back, would you?
Our energy affects EVERY single area of our lives (even our intimacy) and so the pay off is pretty big, when we DECIDE that we are going to get it back.
Now don’t misunderstand me…Breast Cancer Related Fatigue is real…treatment, medications, trauma.
But what we are not often told, is that most of us are wiped out to a degree much higher than that baseline.
So what’s this one thing that can have such a massive impact?
It’s what we eat.
Think about it, how many times a day, do we eat and drink? Minimum 3 meals, and likely some snacks thrown in there too and perhaps your fave frappuccino from the local coffee shop.
What you may not realize is that those 3 meals, have the power to fuel you, or deplete you.
Right now, you feel like you're running on empty, on fumes alone…just like a car running out of gas. And just like with our car, if we top up with the right fuel…we can keep going.
But if we use the wrong fuel, what happens? It splutters, and is not as efficient.
What we eat is SO powerful.
I go into this in more detail in my EATING FOR ENERGY, MADE EASY PROGRAM But let’s break down some basics:
My approach is to lower the inflammation in our body…why?
To me, that gives us the most bang for our buck!
Inflammation is the root cause of all disease, including breast cancer.
When we are inflamed we feel drained, bloated, brain fog, mood swings, hot flashes, muscle aches and pains, not sleeping well…sound familiar?
Not unlike most of the side-effects we’re dealing with, right?
LESS Inflammatory foods:
Wheat products, Dairy products,Potatoes,Tomatoes,Corn,Sugar, Commercial (non-organic) eggs, Peanuts & Peanut butter, Coffee, Alcohol, Juice, Soda, Any kind of processed & fried foods
MORE Anti-Inflammatory foods:
Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Halibut, Veggies - especially..Asparagus, bean sprouts, beet greens, broccoli, red & green cabbage, cauliflower, celery, Swiss chard, cucumber, endive, mixed greens, mustard & dandelion greens, radishes, spinach & watercress
Fruits - especially Pineapple, cantaloupe, rhubarb, melons, strawberries, apricots, blackberries, cranberries, papayas, peaches, plums, raspberries, kiwi, apples, blueberries, cherries, grapes, pears, pomegranates
Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric
Most nuts & seeds, excluding peanuts
Flaxseed oil & olive oil, if not heated too high
You don't need to remember, there’s a couple of cheat sheets with your name on them, inside the EATING FOR ENERGY, MADE EASY PROGRAM
- What you eat matters when it comes to you overall health, but specifically your energy levels- we are shooting for progress not perfection. Simply start to add in more of the good stuff and start to have less of the bad stuff.
- Less inflammatory, processed foods
- More anti-inflammatory foods - clean real food.
Get more guidance and the opportunity to ask ALL of your nutrition questions, when you join EATING FOR ENERGY, MADE EASY PROGRAM.